|Call for best pricing
Monitoring full duplex network traffic and traffic from multiple sources is often a critical requirement for network monitoring applications. For example, in order to properly monitor channelized links (e.g. Gigabit EtherChannel), network professionals need to receive traffic simultaneously from multi-trunked full duplex channels.
Because traffic in a Gigabit EtherChannel implementation is load balanced, packets are distributed across several different physical links. Often, traffic transmits on one segment and receives on another. This makes network analysis and monitoring especially challenging. If an analyzer or monitoring device is put on only one physical link, it will not see the entire conversation
Also, while traditional taps might enable fullduplex monitoring of all traffic on a network link, they transmit the data to the connected monitoring device in two separate half-duplex streams (one for Tx and one for Rx). Not only does this require the monitoring device to have two network interface cards, it also requires that the device be capable of combining and processing both streams of data in order to monitor both sides of the conversation. Not all monitoring systems, including the most popular software solutions, have the required hardware to aggregate traffic.
The SINGLEstream™ Quad Link Aggregation Tap contains four (4) network taps. Each tap combines both directions of a full duplex data stream and allows any connected monitoring device, including those with only one NIC, to receive a copy of all the data collected from all four taps - even in a single trace file.
Many traditional taps prevent the operation of redundant routing and failover systems because they keep both sides of the network invisible to the other. The built-in LINKprotect™ feature eliminates this point of network failure by continuously monitoring both sides of the tapped network for link status. If one side of the tap loses link status, LINKprotect™ will close the other side of the link, so routers and switches can engage protocols to bypass the failed link.
LINKprotect™ will also keep monitoring both sides of the link until repaired, where it can then automatically re-establish the primary link. Timers (polling and recovery) and link reestablishment settings (manual or auto) are all user-configurable on both sides of the link and provide a level of convenience and flexibility not previously available in copper Gigabit taps.
One-to-Many configurations replicate copies of identical network traffic to provide multiple tools monitoring access to the same links. In addition to eliminating contention for access to critical links, multiple tools can be connected to the same link for redundancy, testing, or advanced monitoring applications.
Reliable and Easy to Use
Unlike setting up operating systems and binding NICs, the SINGLEstream™ Quad Link Aggregation Tap is simple to deploy, and every unit comes with dual redundant power supplies to ensure monitoring uptime.
- View entire full-duplex conversations even across meshed, channelized, or load balanced links using single-interface monitoring tools
- Save money by reducing number of required tools or tool interfaces necessary to monitor all your data
- Decreased reliance on switch resources for network management visibility - eliminate SPAN port contention, oversubscription, and configuration errors
- After installation, deploy tools right away without impacting your production network
- Single point of deployment and remote management minimizes management expenses and reduces MTTR
- Port Speeds from 10 to 1000MB; supports full duplex, half duplex, or auto-negotiate
- Dual Redundant Power ensures monitoring
- Stays invisible to the network for enhanced security
- SFP Flexibility - monitor copper links with fiber tools
- Flexible traffic flow to monitoring tools - single-direction or bidirectional for traffic injection
- SSH for command line access to the management port
- SNMPv3 trap sent on error conditions